Friday, August 29, 2008

My lapel pin can see the emptiness of your soul

I vowed to stay away from politics in this blog, as to not get into trouble at work. So, please consider this a post about jewelry, accessorizing, and all things sparkly.

Last fall, the media had a field day when Senator Obama
stopped wearing a flag pin on his lapel. (He's wearing it again, of course).

Given the Great Flag Pin Controversy of 2007, I took note of two things when Senator McCain announced today that he had chosen Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate.

(1) Senator McCain was not wearing a flag pin. Doh! Where's
Tim Gunn when you need him?

(2) Gov. Palin's flag pin, on the other hand, was patriotically-enhanced and blinged out. Her flag pin said, at least to me, "I am a patriot. Maybe you didn't hear me. I AM A PATRIOT. I am a woman who does not hesitate to boldly accessorize, who is not afraid to use red, white, and blue rhinestones to shine the sparkly light of truth on anti-American values. Why is your flag pin so puny? Size matters. Holla!"


What, inanimate objects don't talk to
you?

No comments: